House Edge in Craps Betting
Here we are taking a look at the House Edge in Craps Betting. Keep in mind that the House edge has to do with that percentage of each bet that goes to the House. In playing a game of Craps, there are just too many bets to consider. There are bets that a single roll will resolve and those bets where it will take multiple rolls to resolve. You need to know that Craps actually offers extremes when it comes to bets, that means it offers both the best and worst bets in a casino.
Craps Betting can either bring misfortune or fortune so you need to choose bets wisely if you want to protect your bankroll. If you are one of those players who enjoy taking chances, you can risk a bigger amount on those with higher house edge. Meanwhile, if you do not want to take too much risk, you can choose to bet on those with lower house edges. These bets do not pay big rewards.
House Edge in Craps – Different Bets
- Normally, basic bets are considered the best wagers that casino goers can make during a game of craps.
- Pass Line bets offer odds that are one to one. When you put your bet on the come out roll on the table. Should the Come out Roll be 7 or 11 then you are a winner. Should the Come Out roll be a 2, 3, or 12 the you would have lost. The said wagers have a house of edge pegged at 1.41 % which is considered better when compared with other house edge’s. Once there is a Come Out Roll, players are advised not to place a Pass Line bet. This is because players are more than likely to win the Come Out bet than to lose.
- Players need to consider ‘Don’t Pass’ and ‘Don’t Come’ bets in craps, which are actually better than pass and come bets with a house edge of 1.36 %
- The odds bets are considered the best bets in craps. Basically, there are four odds bets a casino player can utilize. These include don’t come odds, don’t pass odds, come odds, and pass odds. These bets have a zero percent house advantage.
- Craps bets with 11.11 % house edge include Hi-Lo, Three, Yo, C&E, Craps, hard 10, and hard 4. Meanwhile, bets on 12 and 2 manifest a higher house advantage of 13.89% which could give a payoff of 30.
- World bet has a 13.33 % house edge; field bets have a house edge range of 2.78 % to 5.56 %; and horn has 12.5 % house edge.
- Hard six, hard eight, big eight, and big six have a 9.09% house edge.
- The place bets such as place 10 and place 4 have a 6.67% house edge. Place 9 and place 5 have a 4% house edge. Lastly, place 8 and place 6 has 1.52% house edge.
- Lay bets and buy bets have a 5% house edge.
These are just some of the house edge bets that casino players must bear in mind in putting their bets on craps. Casino players have the option to either take more or less risk. The key here is understanding how each of the options works.