Gambling over the Years
Gambling is one of the oldest and most popular pastimes in the world. Gambling over the Years has deep roots in the psyche of millions of people and today has taken its place on the world wide web as well. Gambling has established itself in its various forms in every country of the world.
Gambling Time Line
- Writers who have looked at gambling in the sociological sense believe that betting first appeared in the 15TH century in Burgundy.
- Bugsy Siegel built the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas in 1946. But it was only in the 1970s that casino gambling was legalized in Atlantic City.
- Initially the games were driven by mechanical means but, in the 1970s, random number generators appeared and allowed programmers to develop computer games of luck and chance.
- It took some time for the first online casino to appear. Online Gambling required infrastructure.
- Firstly, a large number of people had to have access to the web.
- Connections to the web needed to be secure to prevent theft and hacking.
- Because Online Casino Games were fairly detailed, it also took the advent of high speed internet to make online gambling possible.
- You even needed an intermediary, the banks and e-wallets, to be able to handle money online.
- The first online casino appeared only after these compulsions were met.
- The first online casino software was developed by Microgaming and Cryptologic (Wagerlogic), who’s software powered the first virtual casino. These games were high quality mirrors of real world games on the casino floor.
- In the mid 1990s, as the reach and popularity of the internet grew, many online casino sites were developed.
InterCasino – the first Online Casino
The threat of Online Gambling
- Online Gambling as an industry has been strongly under threat by a multitude of industry players.
- It appears that the bigger real world gambling companies out there don’t want to lose revenue to an online casino.
- Online gambling is seen as the whole activity rather than casino/poker/bingo/sports etc. A focus on the betting on sports has also been used as a reason for censure. Various professional sports bodies want internet gambling banned. They say that the gambling industry must remain state-regulated. They also support a federal law to regulate internet gambling.
- Over the years, casino operators have realized the profit potential of online casinos and have joined the race for online gambling supremacy. As a true gambling lover, your aim should be to play at a first class online casino.